Saturday, August 20, 2011

Office Pranks!

I've been kicking around the idea to start my own HeroClix blog for a while now, and I'm finally starting it now thanks to a bit of silliness back at my office. As I expect with most serious HeroClix players that can get away with it, I have HeroClix on my desk at work. One figure that's front and center in my Office collection is Exprienced Icons Batman (still one of my favorite Batman sculpts).

Well, I came in last Monday to find this clue from the Joker on my desk.
 The full clue read: "If you ever want to see Bats alive again you'll play my little game. Look in the pantry freezer for your first clue." And here's what I found in the freezer. Your friend, The Joker
Once I thawed it out, here's what I found inside.
Back in my office, I flipped the white board around to find this.
Interestingly enough I had actually noticed this book out of place on the bookshelf when I had come in that morning, so I knew exactly where to look, and this is what I found.
The key unlocked a drawer in the cube next to mine, and in the drawer, I found this.
The whole adventure from start to finish took about 20 minutes. I got a good laugh out of it, and my co-workers learned that I was a pretty good sport about the whole thing.

Anyway, I thought that this was a good light-hearted way to start this blog. In the coming weeks I hope to do some more serious articles. I have a write up that I intended to do on Street Fighter HeroClix, and a special format that we created for Gears of War HeroClix. I'm also hoping that my friend Mel also starts contributing to the blog as well.

Until next time, keep the critical misses to a minimum!

3 comments:

  1. Maybe its my OCD kicking in, but I'd have to fight my annoyance at something on my desk getting removed...

    That said, cool prank!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) There was a clue, so it's not like it was just gone.
    2) I'm a puzzle guy, so I just kicked into solution mode as soon as I saw it.
    3) I really like my co-workers, and I thought it was cool that they went through the effort to do something like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, you don't have to explain to me...lol

    ReplyDelete